Thursday, March 4, 2010

UPAP

0
           Seriously!? This assessment did nothing for me but irritate me. Okay, maybe I’m over reacting, but not by much. Literally, I feel like I was working on this assessment forever! I just know that this series of four drawings made me frustrated. I felt like with each consecutive drawing, I was losing motivation. It could be because there were no time contraits placed on the drawings. Also, it could be because there is a lack of structure in this assessment. The assessment askes the participant to complete four drawings three of which are based on scribble drawings.
            The materials, similarly, frustrated me. I kept on tarring my newsprint and the pastels kept breaking. It would be better to do the art on stronger papers, as well as adding more structure by imposing a time limit. The time limit could help the participant focus more on the task instead of getting distracted . I could have had a bad experience with this directive because of my mood that day (I don’t recall). I would like to try it again under different circumstances. But I think my experience is an example of the delicacy of assessments. An assessment is only a snapshot of one point in time. It is impossible to control for every possible variable.

No Response to "UPAP"

Post a Comment