Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Favorite Kind of Assessment

0
     This assessment is one of my personal favorites. I think it is beneficial when working with clients how are resistant to communicate their preferences. In doing this assessment myself, I found that it is very useful in allowing the client to share personal preferences. I had a client who had a difficult time expressing anything about his feeling or preferences, and I planned on using this assessment to help him discuss his preference. Unfortunately, he did not want to do art therapy any more, and I never got the chance (oh well, maybe next time!) I think another reason for its success is because it is simple to conduct and the supplies are not complicated. The only thing needed are crayons and a sheet of standard xerox paper. These are materials that almost anyone is comfortable with, which may reduce client anxiety.

No Response to "Favorite Kind of Assessment"

Post a Comment