Thursday, March 25, 2010

Walking the tight rope

0
            The Bridge drawing is one of my all-time favorite assessments. It gives you an glimpse into a specific point in one’s life. If you’re like me, you are ever changing. I know that for me, I am not in the same place now as I was when I created the bridge drawing (for me, it was a tight rope drawing). I think I can probably do a bridge drawing just about every week and it would not be the same. It could be beneficial to administer this assessment at the beginning and end of treatment to note any change or progress experienced by the client.
            If I were assessing my artwork, I would want to focus on the fact that there are no supports for the bridge, there is a lack of scenery, nor is there an indication of where the person is going to or coming from. All of those seem to indicate a difficult transition and a lack of support- but I can neither confirm nor deny the validity of those assumptions.

No Response to "Walking the tight rope"

Post a Comment